Documents Required for F1 Visa Application
When you are applying for a Visa you will be worried what are all the documents are required, Here you can find the list of Documents for Visa application.
Mandatory Documents for Visa Application
- Current Passport as well as old passports (if any).
- One Photograph (with US visa requirements).
- Confirmation letter of online submitted Form DS-160 with CEAC Barcode.
- Visa fees: Fees to be paid in advance before taking an appointment slot.
- Original interview appointment letter and one photocopy.
- Both the pages of bar coded, original SEVIS generated Form I-20 obtained a US college, school or university signed by you and school official.
- Original Proof of payment of SEVIS Fee Receipt I-901 and one copy of same.
Supporting Documents for Visa Application:
- Photocopies of first, last and remarks pages of your current passport.
- Evidence of financial resources:
- Proof of ability to afford expenses in the United States.
- Part 7 of I-20 shows the amount of funding you must have available to cover the first year’s expenses. The total amount includes tuition fees, expenses of living (if applicable), and other expenses (as applicable). You must Part 7 of I-20 shows the amount of funding you must have available to cover the first year’s expenses. It includes tuition fees, expenses of living (if applicable), and other expenses (if applicable). You must prove that you have available funds to cover the expenses.
- Form I-134 (Affidavit of support), if you are financially supported by an individual in the US, along with three years of that individual’s bank statements and tax returns.
Educational Documents for Visa Application:
- Degree certificates along with mark memos.
- You can still apply if you have not yet received your original degree certificate. However, make sure to include your mark memos and provisional certificate if available.
- Original Bachelor degree transcripts or diploma along with mark sheets from previous institutions.
- Relevant test scores, e.g., GRE, SAT, GMAT or LSAT AND TOEFL.
Photo Requirements for Visa and Green card applicants.
IMPORTANT: Application will be considered incomplete if doesn’t meet these criteria. Please follow these instructions carefully.
- Photographs are compulsory for all applicants (including children).
- Photographs should be printed on thin photo quality paper.
- Photographs must be in colour.
- Photographs should not be older than six months.
- Photographs must be exactly 2 inches by 2 inches.
- Photographs should be clear, front view of the person, ears must be visible. The person should be normal street attire, without a hat or dark glasses a plain white or off-white background. The person expression should be natural, simple, with both eyes open, looking directly ahead(towards camera). Normal, gentle smiles are accepted (Advice: Visit Professional Photographers).
- In the case of a Minor Child, a child must be the only subject in the photograph. Nothing used to support minor child, whether by human or mechanical means, should be in the photograph.
- Photographs should be printed without borders.
- Photographs with side or angled views are not accepted.
- Even though one photograph is required for nonimmigrant visa application, it is advisable to keep few extra photographs along with you.
All the Best & Happy flying